General Resources for Learning Language
- Growing Participator Approach – Greg Thomson’s language learning blog
- Use this Dropbox link to download the most recent Growing Participator Approach materials.
- Fluent in 3 months is a blog with lots of good articles about language learning. Here are a few to get started on:
Language learning ideas
- Using a Photo Book (pdf)
- Using Wordless Videos (pdf) There are links to wordless videos in the pdf, but here are some more:
- The Bridge – topics: crossing a bridge, arguing, problem solving
- Autumn – topics: friendship, death
- For the Birds by Pixar – topics: birds, size and weight
Flash cards and Pictures
- 8 weather flash cards from SparkleBox
- 24 parts of the body flash cards from SparkleBox
- ESL flashcards has lots of good sets of flash cards – school objects, daily activities, adjectives and many more.
- Alifbo, the first grader reader is online in PDF form. While not a great book for learning Tajik, this new edition has lots of great pictures in the first 23 pages – portraits of important Tajik people, and pictures of typical Tajik life, and also a colourful alphabet chart. It would be great to print these pictures for use in lessons.